Auto Insurance Agent
When looking for an insurance agent, the best place to start with is people you know. Ask friends and family for referrals to good local car insurance agents. The search for a good insurance agent is similar to searching for a good financial advisor or doctor, however make sure you understand what an auto insurance agent really is.
A few considerations when searching for a car insurance agent
- How many companies do they have access to provide offers from? If they can only offer one company, this means they are captive to that one auto insurance company. This also means they are just a sales person, not an adviser for you. Many times this is where people think they are saving money on auto insurance, but end up just buying less coverage.
- Are they required to provide a specific car insurance companies offer first. Some auto insurance companies require their agents to offer their product first even if it is not right for you.
- Is the agent trying to get to know you so they can match your needs with the coverage’s you are searching for
- Be aware of agents who simply want to give you the cheapest car insurance price.
- If the new car insurance is less expensive, ask them what is missing! In our experience, most people end up just buying less because something was either missing that you already had or the insurance agent cut coverage
Captive Insurance Companies
- Allstate Insurance
- American Family
- American National
- Country Financial
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm Insurance
Captive Insurance Agents
Local Insurance Agents that work for the above companies are restricted by the company they work for. While they may act like they are providing choices, they can only offer you the one product from the insurance company they work for. While the car insurance seems like it may fit your needs, many times you can purchase a better product from a different company at the same or less money.
Auto Insurance Broker
An auto insurance broker is someone who does not have access to any one company but they can search the market for you. With this type of insurance professional, they will not have any authority with the auto insurance company you choose, so the service to you will be limited.
Independent Insurance Agents
The perfect balance of the two above, Independent Insurance Agents have authority with not one, but many different insurance companies. They are not forced to sell you something that doesn’t work for you. These guys and gals work hard to match your needs with affordable auto insurance that fits your budget.
Independent Auto Insurance Companies
- Allstate Insurance
- American Modern Insurance Group
- Berkshire Insurance
- Dairyland Insurance
- Foremost Insurance
- Grange Insurance
- Hartford Insurance
- Mutual of Enumclaw
- Nationwide Insurance
- National General Insurance
- Pemco Insurance
- Progressive Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Travelers Insurance
Direct Insurance Companies
A direct insurance company is one who skip using a local insurance agent altogether. The consumer can access a direct insurance company either by phone or online only. When purchasing from a direct insurance company often times price becomes the only factor in the purchasing decision. When price is the sole factor, the quality of the insurance policy will typically suffer. Often times consumers will be told they have purchased “full coverage” when in fact they have the minimum insurance required by their vehicles’s lienholder. Often time it is not until claim time that the insured realizes the misfortune of sacrificing their coverage for price.
Direct Insurance Companies
- Liberty Mutual
- USAA Insurance
Washington State Auto Insurance Requirements:
Vehicles registered in Washington
If you drive a vehicle that is required to be registered in Washington State, you must have one of the following: Auto Insurance, Self Insurance, Certificate of Deposit, Liability Bond
- The auto insurance policy must have limits of at least:
- $25,000 of bodily injury or death of 1 person in any 1 accident.
- $50,000 of bodily injury or death of any 2 people in any 1 accident.
- $10,000 of injury to or destruction of property of others in any 1 accident.
- Due to the litigious world we live in, Yakima Valley Insurance recommends the most liability insurance you can afford.
Required proof of auto insurance
Any time you drive in Washington, you must be prepared to show your auto insurance identification card to law enforcement. You will get this identification card from your auto insurance company when you buy a policy. The card must include all of the following:
- Name of the insurance company.
- Policy number.
- Effective date of the policy.
- Expiration date of the policy.
- Description of the year, make, or model of the insured vehicles, or the name of the insured driver. The word “fleet” may be used for more than 5 vehicles owned by the same person or business. Name of Insured Driver if it is a Broadform Policy
Failing to show this proof of insurance is a traffic infraction. Knowingly providing false evidence of coverage is a misdemeanor. Currently the fine is $450.00
Vehicles registered in another state
When you drive a vehicle in Washington that is required to be registered in another state, you must have the type of insurance required by that state. You must be able to provide proof of this insurance to law enforcement if requested.
You don’t need to have insurance when you operate a vehicle registered as any of the following:
- Motor-driven cycle.
- Horseless carriage over 40 years old
- State or publicly-owned vehicle.
- Common or contract carrier with the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission.
GOOD DRIVERS ARE RESPONSIBLE DRIVERS.
Having proper Auto Insurance ensures your independence behind the wheel. From accidents and injuries to hit-and-runs and theft, it’s important to keep your car insured so you’re prepared when accidents do happen.
At Yakima Valley Insurance, we combine premium Auto Insurance with personalized service to give you the best coverage possible. Our insurance specialists will work with you one-on-one to find a policy that keeps you and your drivers protected at all costs – for peace-of-mind driving assurance.
Most people underestimate how broad of coverage the auto insurance policy can provide. There may even be situations where you are walking down the street and get hit by a car where your own policy would provide coverage. It’s not as simple as the commercials on TV try to paint it. No two policies are the same like some would like you to believe.
Auto Insurance Coverage Options
As your trusted source for car insurance, Yakima Valley Insurance offers a variety of coverage and additional protection options, such as:
- Liability Coverage
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Collision Coverage
- Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Diminishing Deductible
- Accident Forgiveness
- Minor Violation Forgiveness
- Roadside Assistance
- Specialty Auto Insurance
- 24-Hour Customer Service
- Rental Reimbursement
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Mexican Auto Insurance
- Medical Payments Coverage
WHY AUTO INSURANCE?
If you’re involved in an accident without car insurance, you’re looking at high out-of-pocket costs, injury liability – even serious legal issues.
Keeping your vehicle insured is simply the responsible thing to do, and it’s an essential financial decision that you can’t drive without. Auto Insurance helps to reduce or cover property damage costs, replacement parts for your car as the result of an accident, medical expenses from injuries, road-side assistance, and much more. Since policies vary with protection options, it’s important to talk to a specialist at Yakima Valley Insurance to create a policy that insures your needs.
We provide car insurance to drivers near Yakima, Wapato, Selah, Moxee, Toppenish, Zillah, Sunnyside and surrounding towns.
OUR AUTO INSURANCE COVERAGE OPTIONS INCLUDE:
Safeguard yourself from financial worry due to injury or property damage if you are at fault in an accident.
Be prepared for any non-collision oriented accidents by adding Comprehensive Coverage to your Auto policy.
If you’re involved in an accident with another vehicle or object and your car is damaged, Collision will help you pay for repairs.
Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Protect yourself, your passengers, and your vehicle in the event of a collision with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
Get rewarded for being accident and violation free with credit towards collision deductibles to help you save.
Find out how you can qualify to have your first chargeable accident forgiven — so your rates won’t go up.
Minor Violation Forgiveness
Safe drivers deserve a second chance, and with Minor Violation Forgiveness, your rates won’t increase due to a minor traffic citation.
Sign up for a basic or premium Roadside Assistance package and receive extended towing, flat tire service and much more.
Specialty Auto Insurance
A vehicle as unique as its driver requires more than a basic Auto policy. Make sure your Specialty Auto is protected.
24-Hour Customer Service
Get the attention you need when you need it most with 24/7/365 service at your convenience for accidents, claims, billing and more.
Don’t let an unexpected breakdown leave you stranded. Towing support provides emergency Roadside Assistance when you need it most.
Don’t let an unforeseen accident keep you out of commission. With Rental Reimbursement, you can get back on the road in no time.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
With the right coverage options, you and your passengers can be on the road to recovery after an accident.
Mexican Auto Insurance
Specialized Mexican Auto Insurance can keep you both safe and legal on your next trip south of the border.
Medical Payments Coverage
Your family is important. If an accident should occur, make sure their medical expenses are taken covered.