At Yakima Valley Insurance we have many home insurance options. We work with several A-Rated Home Insurance Companies which allows us to shop for the best price and the best coverage for each customer’s unique situation.

Vehicles registered in Washington

If you drive a vehicle that is required to be registered in Washington State, you must have one of the following: Auto Insurance, Self Insurance, Certificate of Deposit, Liability Bond

The auto insurance policy must have limits of at least:

  • $25,000 of bodily injury or death of 1 person in any 1 accident.
  • $50,000 of bodily injury or death of any 2 people in any 1 accident.
  • $10,000 of injury to or destruction of property of others in any 1 accident.
  • Due to the litigious world we live in, Yakima Valley Insurance recommends the most liability insurance you can afford.

Required proof of auto insurance

Any time you drive in Washington, you must be prepared to show your auto insurance identification card to law enforcement. You will get this identification card from your auto insurance company when you buy a policy. The card must include all of the following:

  • Name of the insurance company.
  • Policy number.
  • Effective date of the policy.
  • Expiration date of the policy.
  • Description of the year, make, or model of the insured vehicles, or the name of the insured driver. The word “fleet” may be used for more than 5 vehicles owned by the same person or business. Name of Insured Driver if it is a Broadform Policy

Failing to show this proof of insurance is a traffic infraction. Knowingly providing false evidence of coverage is a misdemeanor. Currently the fine is $450.00

Vehicles registered in another state

When you drive a vehicle in Washington that is required to be registered in another state, you must have the type of insurance required by that state. You must be able to provide proof of this insurance to law enforcement if requested.


You don’t need to have insurance when you operate a vehicle registered as any of the following:

  • Motorcycle.
  • Motor-driven cycle.
  • Moped.
  • Horseless carriage over 40 years old
  • State or publicly-owned vehicle.
  • Common or contract carrier with the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission.

Source: Washington State Department of Licensing